We’re building a platform that will be used by millions of users globally and would like to talk to you if you’re an experienced blockchain developer with a strong understanding of security and cryptography.
You will collaborate with a team of skilled engineers to build and maintain a best-in-class blockchain system and solution. Voyager has many complex blockchain needs to power services such as Bedrock that will service high profile financial institutions.
We are looking for an exceptionally skilled, dedicated and passionate individual that is ready for the challenge of designing next-generation back-end systems that are capable of massive scale and disrupting a global financial ecosystem.
What you'll do:
- Designing, implementing, testing and maintaining backend components including application, data, infrastructure, analytics and deployment.
- Gathering and understanding complex inter-system requirements and data-driven system design.
- Designing and creating services and system architecture for your projects, and contributing and providing feedback to other team members.
- Ability to stub, document and implement API systems that conform to product requirements
- Constantly improving code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews.
- Participating in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products
Who you are:
- 7-10 years of recent hands-on coding and software design
- 2+ years of blockchain development experience
- Have a deep understanding of blockchain architecture and concepts
- Demonstrate experience writing, testing, and deploying smart contracts on Ethereum
- Experience working with Bitcoin data, keys, transactions, signatures and other blockchain data
- Understand key management and security concepts such as Hierarchical Deterministic Wallets Elliptic Curve Cryptography
- Act as a champion for security coding practices
- Work effectively in a collaborative and fast-paced team environment
- Bachelor’s, master’s, or doctorate degree in a related field, or an intriguing reason for not having one.
- A track record of projects completed on time – you are a flawless executor, not a procrastinator.
- You find satisfaction in a job well done and want to solve world-class head-scratching challenges.
- Solid OOP and software design knowledge – you should know how to create software that’s extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives.
- Experience with Linux/Unix and scripting languages like Python, Perl, shell scripting, etc.
- Mission and vision driven with a hunger to change the financial system and power through obstacles that may come upExtra credit:
- Python, Go and/or Java is a plus
- Have a minimum of 5 years working in a professional software development environment
- Demonstrate professional experience working with blockchain technologies
- Hold a BS/MS in Computer Science or an equivalent degree
- Be eligible to work in the US or Canada
- Experience with data processing and queries and scripting
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection
- Experience with test-driven development, continuous integration and automated testing
- Deep understanding of distributed systems and functional programming paradigms
- Ability to maintain quality, responsible, high-availability applications.
- Development experience for both mobile and desktop
- Experience with cloud message APIs and usage of push notification
- Knowledge of code version tools.
Voyager is a venture-backed, rapidly growing public company (VYGR, TSX.V) building a cryptocurrency broker that improves the trading and execution experience for customers. We are a team of finance and technology industry veterans dedicated to empowering and servicing investors in one of the most exciting asset classes to date - crypto. Our founders stem from reputable finance and technology organizations like E*TRADE, Uber, TradeIt, Lightspeed Financial and more.
The Voyager team includes employees with diverse backgrounds and skills. Our culture has quickly grown into one that promotes collaboration, transparency, and entrepreneurialism.
Voyager is headquartered in New York City with satellite offices in New Jersey and California.
Please contact us via the button below or at email@example.com with your resume and a brief explanation as to why you would like to join the Voyager team.