AlphaPoint is a financial technology company helping make illiquid assets liquid. It enables customers to launch new products and services by providing institutions enterprise-grade blockchain solutions to digitize assets, launch markets, and reduce operational costs. AlphaPoint has customers across 5 continents with offices in New York, Charlotte, and India
AlphaPoint is looking for an experienced Sr. Software Engineer to join our exchange team! This individual will be responsible for designing and developing our distributed-systems products and platforms, which power leading digital currency trading venues and permissioned blockchain solutions. Our software is built using C#, using custom messaging mechanisms over multiple transport protocols, with customized persistence and storage mechanisms, all optimized for high-volume enterprise-class real-time access-controlled transaction processing. In this position, you will work in every layer of the service tier (transports, messaging, framework, data persistence, business logic, …) and develop a rich understanding of both the system mechanisms and the application business domains.
- Be part of a multi-disciplinary engineering team focused on delivering world-class industrial-strength distributed-systems software.
- Write in C#/.NET & modern web technologies to build and enhance our product offerings.
- Work with other developers, test engineers, and project managers to develop and deliver software products and solution implementations.
- Contribute to the evolution and enhancement of both our trading venue and blockchain platform product lines.
- Participate in solution development/delivery, using our products and platforms.
- Leverage Agile practices to incrementally and iteratively deliver high value.
- Analyze, design, code, and test software elements, with an eye for building functional, performant, scalable, solid production software in a timely manner
- Prepare technical documentation and diagrams.
- Cultivate expertise in relevant aspects of target business domains and apply that knowledge to maximize technology value.
- Assist project and product leaders in making risk-managed planning and release decisions.
Required Skills & Experience
- At least 5 years of experience in C#/.NET or Java.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to work with multi-threading and concurrency.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge with microservices and distributed architectures.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of Relational Databases.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of Software Testing including Unit, Integration, System and Acceptance.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of CI/CD.
- Experience as an engineer within the trading systems, financial accounting, payment systems and/or post-trade system industry is a plus but not required.
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm about the cryptocurrency/blockchain space.
AlphaPoint is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability or genetic information, gender identity or national origin.